Read testimonial »
|Tags||nutrition recipe pilates hormones wellness massage lifestyle 3rd age baking mind set post natal menopause power plate breakfast meditation post-natal womens health mindset lifetsyle pelvic floor show all posts|
Showing all posts tagged: meditation
We take 17,000 to 20,000 breaths in a day...so why not put some of them to good use?
Current research shows that when breathing isn't optimal it can trigger:
- Smooth muscle contraction, leading to vasoconstriction &/or spasm, including colon spasm (Yokoyama et al 2008)
- Reduced oxygen to cells & tissues
- Increased fatigue, pain & myofascial dysfunction
- Increased risk of urinary incontinence
- Increased physical overuse stresses & comprimises in core stability & posture (Haugstad et al 2006)
- Increased sense of apprehension & anxiety (Rhudy & Meagher 2000)
So what does optimal breathing look like?