Read testimonial »
|Tags||nutrition recipe pilates hormones wellness massage lifestyle 3rd age baking mind set post natal menopause power plate breakfast meditation post-natal womens health mindset lifetsyle pelvic floor show all posts|
With Daddy's big bike ride 🚴♂️ & Joshuas Sports day 🏅🤸♂️last week....energy balls were NEEDED!
Joshua asked if these were gonna make him run fast....& they did!!
This is a brilliant recipe from Wild Nutrition - the fabulous nutritionist that makes the food grown supplements that we stock here at Vitality🙏
These are PERFECT as a family friendly recipe, and if you are watching sugar content to help you with hormone balance, & steady energy!
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 100g almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp almond butter 9I got htis from Aldi)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (I got this from Aldi)
- 2 lemons, juice & the yellow zest 🍋🍋
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g protein powder (I used @sunwarrioruk)
- Vanilla paste
Are you a new Mama?? Then you will find this useful. If you know a new Mama, please share this post with your tired friend that's just birthed a baby!
These are things I wish I'd known 6 Years ago when I had Joshua. There are literally just two things I needed to nail down, and no it wasn't to keep on top of allll the washing, or getting the perfect bedtime routine!!
1. Keep baby well
2. Keep breathing (you & baby)
EVERYTHING else could have waited.
With the arrival of the new Royal Baby, Meghan & Harry have already been asked if he's a good baby & if he sleeps well (!!)
I remember layering new Mum-guilt on myself, about Joshuas routines & if I was doing it right...just so we are clear here, every baby is good....and they all have different routines. Circle back to point 1. & 2. and you are doing great!
Things that can also help...
- Ask for food! You need the energy right now, as you are in recovery. No shaming the biscuits here...AND also eat some stuff with high vit C & zinc content for repair: free-range meats, chickpeas, lentils, seeds, eggs are all great. I also love the food-grown supplements from Wild Nutrition (this isn't sponsored, I just love them.
- Sleep when baby sleeps. Yes I know there is so much talk of losing the baby weight, and some claim to exercise or run around doing household stuff whilst baby sleeps. SERIOUSLY, sleep when the baby sleeps, it's super important for your repair.
- Listen to your body. If you have pain, discomfort, or leak on the way to the loo or when you cough, laugh or sneeze beyond the early days - Your body is talking to you. Seeking out a professional to help you to repair well & gradually progress in a well structured way with the right exercises for you as a post-natal Mum is HUGE. Holistic Core Restore Coaches can be really helpful. As a HCR coach, we specialise in pelvic floor & core recovery. The pre-screen is thorough & we can help direct you to the right course of action for you (like a Womans Health Physio first, for example).
I hope you found this useful - please do share with your Mum friends & let's get empowered Mums feeling good!
Take care x
For many Women, constipation & irregular bowel movements are a real issue & can have detrimental affects on our pelvic floor & core health. It is a lot of pressure on the pelvic floor, and can be a real concern, esecially if you also have other symptoms for prolapse.
So...you'll be pleased to know there are some yummy solutions!
This banana bread is full of fibre & flax seeds which are known to reliev constipation.
This is actually freezer friendly & gets the family seal of approval too! (win, win)
If you try this out, let me know how it goes!
- 2 cups ground almonds (also known as almnd flour)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder (depending on how chocolately you want it!)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees c.
Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix & then add all the wet ingredients, & mix well.
Line a bread tin with baking paper, then pour the mixture in.
Bake for 45 minutes, then check it's ready by sticking a knife in the middle (it should come out clean) cook for longer if required.
Happy baking & happy bowels :-)
If you like this recipe, I bet you will love my 6 week Holistic Core Restore Course - we start Thurs 6th June at 7.15pm & combine movement, nutrition & lifetime access to videoed homework. All the details here.
Hand's down, I could say most people I work with, want to balance their stress & recovery & minimise fatigue.
This has been such a HOT topic lately
...so here is the inside scoop on how you can recover faster & come back stronger via the right workouts & recovery between them. This helps not only our immune system & reducing muscle soreness, but also our strength gains too.
It's proven, better recovery between exercise sessions may lead to reduced fatigue, increased work capacity and improved performance (Bishop et al. 2008).
So let's check out the best & most effective ways to recover!
In this blog we are going to discuss MOVEMENT. My next blog will cover recovery FOODS. Because, recovery isn't something that just 'happens', but it is something we can plan into our day & take action on.
Warning signs your recovery isn't optimal:
- You have chronic muscle soreness. When we train we may get delayed muscle fatigue (DOMs), but this should ease over time as we recover & get stronger. If you don't leave enough days to recover, this can lead to overtraining.
- If you leave too many days between work-outs. At this point, the progress is lost & we perceive ourselves to not get the results we want, which is dis-heartening. (One of the reasons, class clients here at Vitality have a private video library of 'homework' to access between sessions!!)
- You feel under the weather. Nausea, headaches or feeling rough. This could be a sign that you need to stretch today, rather than have a hard work-out!
A good example of correct timing of workouts would be:
Do you need to make sure you are near a loo when you are out?
Do you hope for the best when you sneeze?
Or maybe.....you have low back pain BUT it appears fine on an MRI scan?
If you know me, you'll know I'm a *little* obsessed with pelvic floor work, as it is a MUCH needed area of support. I can LITERALLY feel the revolution of change in womens Health & Wellness, especially when it comes to holistic programming!
That said, at the moment...pelvic floor is still a very taboo subject & it isn't widely known YET that you can TAKE CONTROL & BE IN CONTROL once more, with your bladder.
In fact almost 50% Women have a Bladder & Pelvic Health issue....yet wait 6.5 Years before they put themselves first, to get it sorted - when in many cases it can be resolved in 6 weeks!!
So, I'm here to spread the word that there is LOTS that can be done....and I cannot wait to share it with you! So don't wait until you have a cold & get really fed up of your bladder. Let's get pro-active now!
"If we've been continent once (ie - when potty trained) We CAN be continent again" ~ Michelle Lyons, Pelvic Health Physio
Could any of these 3 symptoms be driving your bladder issues?
1) Impact. It is common to leak when you sneeze, cough or jump...BUT I think it is largely mistaken for being 'normal'.
For MOST of us...it is 100% fixable to return to a fully functional pelvic floor (joy!) This means running about after your little ones with confidence. Or, Leaving the house NOT worrying about where the nearest toilet is! Doesn't that sound amazing!