Sally Swaby - Vitality Goddess
Read testimonial »
|Tags||nutrition recipe pilates hormones wellness massage lifestyle 3rd age baking mind set post natal menopause power plate breakfast meditation post-natal womens health mindset lifetsyle pelvic floor show all posts|
Commit to a Healthy Habit!
Our rolling monthly contracts are the easiest way to sustain a healthy habit that supports your goals & lifestyle. Easy & free to sign up, easy to switch between, only 1 month minimum commitment & easy to cancel 1 month before the next payment.
Don't use all your classes? Automatic roll-over to the following month when you early cancel the class you can't make.
Are You Ready To Feel Supple & Strong This Summer??? Commit To 5 Weeks And Be Sunshine Ready!!
Get ready - Our Challenge Starts Monday 1st July & Ends 2nd August
This Summer you may be jetting off to the sun & need to carry heavy luggage, OR you might need to improve your balancing skills for more than just a cocktail or two...
Anyone can join. Pick one of the 4 categories below that best fit your lifestyle:
COMMIT TO ONCE A WEEK
Commit to attending one class a week > 5 classes in total
COMMIT TO TWICE A WEEK
Commit to attending two classes each week > 10 in total
COMMIT TO THRICE A WEEK
Commit to attending 3 classes each week > 15 in total!
There are prizes to be won!
Complete the challenge to be entered into our prize draw to be drawn on 5th August.
Get an extra ticket into the prize draw by sharing/liking/commenting on a Vitality Centre social media post each week throughout the challenge!
You could win:
- FREE ONE CLASS A WEEK MEMBERSHIP FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR (Sept-Dec '19)
- a FREE spa evening for 2
- FREE access to my online Vitality Goddess 4 Week interactive program!
- Products at the studio - Neals Yard & Wild Nutrition & Pukka goodies to win!!
Everyone who completes the challenge will receive a little goodie - Hurray!!
Make it a success for yourself - add accountability by Inviting your friends!! This Summer, let's do this!
HOW DOES YOUR DAY START??
Bleeping alarm, crazy kids, achey bones, snooze button?? (Or all 4?!)
Lately I've found myself really tired when i wake up, so I've turned back to my 'self-care tool-kit' that I've built over the Years (one of things I love to help clients to create too!) If you are anything like me....your finite amount of energy is often challenged by the curve-balls of parenthood, the juggling 🤹♀️ of work & home...not to mention the sleep!
This is why Self-care is Health-care.
Keeping your 'cup' topped up supports your energy for those curve-balls.
Here is my 4 MUST go-to solutions for a feel-good morning. These are all quick to do for busy households!! - I hope these are useful for you. If so, do let me know!
Sometimes the best thing sounds just too simple to be true...but if you know me...you know how I harp on about water!
500ml on a morning not only increases our metabolism by 30% for 2 hours, it also floods the system with goodness, and gets us moving!
If you imagine compressing on our muscles all night long, in the same way to compressing a sponge - all the water gets squeezed out. Pump the water back in by offering water & then also moving too (choose your favourite pilates move here!)
2. ESSENTIAL OILS
If you have woken up groggy...essential oils are amazing for stimulating our brain! Research has shown how inhlaling oils goes to work on our limbic brain & helps calm the nervous system.
Certain oils have different properties - choose a roll-on, rub into your palms & inhale for best results:
Peppermint - for focus
Orange - for lifting our mood!
Lavendar - for relaxation
Bergamot - for relieving anxiety
I made a 'clarity' blend that has many of these in - do have a tester when you next pop in!
With Daddy's big bike ride 🚴♂️ & Joshuas Sports day 🏅🤸♂️last week....energy balls were NEEDED!
Joshua asked if these were gonna make him run fast....& they did!!
This is a brilliant recipe from Wild Nutrition - the fabulous nutritionist that makes the food grown supplements that we stock here at Vitality🙏
These are PERFECT as a family friendly recipe, and if you are watching sugar content to help you with hormone balance, & steady energy!
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 100g almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp almond butter 9I got htis from Aldi)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (I got this from Aldi)
- 2 lemons, juice & the yellow zest 🍋🍋
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g protein powder (I used @sunwarrioruk)
- Vanilla paste
Are you a new Mama?? Then you will find this useful. If you know a new Mama, please share this post with your tired friend that's just birthed a baby!
These are things I wish I'd known 6 Years ago when I had Joshua. There are literally just two things I needed to nail down, and no it wasn't to keep on top of allll the washing, or getting the perfect bedtime routine!!
1. Keep baby well
2. Keep breathing (you & baby)
EVERYTHING else could have waited.
With the arrival of the new Royal Baby, Meghan & Harry have already been asked if he's a good baby & if he sleeps well (!!)
I remember layering new Mum-guilt on myself, about Joshuas routines & if I was doing it right...just so we are clear here, every baby is good....and they all have different routines. Circle back to point 1. & 2. and you are doing great!
Things that can also help...
- Ask for food! You need the energy right now, as you are in recovery. No shaming the biscuits here...AND also eat some stuff with high vit C & zinc content for repair: free-range meats, chickpeas, lentils, seeds, eggs are all great. I also love the food-grown supplements from Wild Nutrition (this isn't sponsored, I just love them.
- Sleep when baby sleeps. Yes I know there is so much talk of losing the baby weight, and some claim to exercise or run around doing household stuff whilst baby sleeps. SERIOUSLY, sleep when the baby sleeps, it's super important for your repair.
- Listen to your body. If you have pain, discomfort, or leak on the way to the loo or when you cough, laugh or sneeze beyond the early days - Your body is talking to you. Seeking out a professional to help you to repair well & gradually progress in a well structured way with the right exercises for you as a post-natal Mum is HUGE. Holistic Core Restore Coaches can be really helpful. As a HCR coach, we specialise in pelvic floor & core recovery. The pre-screen is thorough & we can help direct you to the right course of action for you (like a Womans Health Physio first, for example).
I hope you found this useful - please do share with your Mum friends & let's get empowered Mums feeling good!
Take care x